• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,874 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:27

Since Ragnar just tweeted about Draugen, I thought it would be good to make a thread where we can put information that trickles in about that game - since we're probably going to get more information now in 2014. Also beacuse this forum section is completely empty right now :P

Tweets today:

• #Draugen is turning into an incredibly well-researched game. We’re diving into century-old books to find inspiration. Every detail matters. (x)
  • Pretty sure some people will claim #Draugen “is not a REAL game”. Some people said that about @GoneHomeGame as well. Some people are idiots. (x)
  • With #Draugen, our goal is to tell a story that’s never been told in a game before. Very human, very real, very dark. Very, very different. (x)

Then @TheRealDoffen "so when will we see it?", to which Ragnar replies:

• .@TheRealDoffen We’re going to announce something very very soon. The first sneak peek at #Draugen will take place in front of an audience... (x)

Rinu wants to throw money at it and Ragnar answers

• "@RinuCZ You’ll have to throw harder. (Or wait for the @Kickstarter. Maybe just wait.)" (x)

(meh, I'm not sure about the formatting of this post but whatevz)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:30

oooh there's a possibility of Kickstarter for Draugen? Take all my money, RTG!!

• Tina likes this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#3 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 00:19

Ooh this looks good. I don't really have any money to spend on games right now, but eh-- bring it on.  :)

#4 Lautaro

Lautaro

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:12

A Draugen thread, finally! (Thanks Tina)

I'm very excited about Draugen, one of my favourite developers making a horror game? it's a dream come true.

#5 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:27

I'm a complete wimp and am already convinced that playing Draugen (which I will do with all my lights on, in daytime) will make me pretty creeped out. I get the vibe so far that it might be the subtle kind of horror that sneaks up on you while you're in a place that gives you the sneaky creeps. It's definitely what scares me the most but I will play it because it's RTG who's making it. I will also most likely (if they do start a Draugen kickstarter) throw my money at them to aid in my own slight torment. Also, I really like what he said about research. It warms my teacher heart. And it can only enrich the game when whatever they throw into it will at least occasionally have roots outside of the game itself. If that makes sense - I haven't finished my tea yet.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#6 RezaTemiz

RezaTemiz

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 22:47

I had completely forgotten about this - can't wait to see what RTG have come up with.

#7 Crow's fan

Crow's fan

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMo i Rana, Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:33

I'll be buying Draugen too, but if you live anywhere near Northern Norway I might have to come visit you to play it Ceridwen. When it comes to horror I am the biggest wimp ever.

#8 Avernus

Avernus

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOregon State

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:24

I'm very intrigued. Looks like something I would buy.

Let me tell you why you're here.You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

~Morpheus

http://www.mountainfortune.com

#9 bloodraven43

bloodraven43

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:03

no news..just a lot of teasing going on here...lol...have to keep my eye on this forum more often. would hate to miss out on this.

#10 Anarkigut

Anarkigut

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 00:45

Well, using my Incredible superior deductive skills it seems likely the screening Ragnar is  talking about is at the Glasgow film festival...

• wandrew and Tina like this

#11 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:36

Tweets today:

• #Draugen is turning into an incredibly well-researched game. We’re diving into century-old books to find inspiration. Every detail matters. (x)
  • Pretty sure some people will claim #Draugen “is not a REAL game”. Some people said that about @GoneHomeGame as well. Some people are idiots. (x)
  • With #Draugen, our goal is to tell a story that’s never been told in a game before. Very human, very real, very dark. Very, very different. (x)

The first two (or, actually all three) points make me want to play it very much, but the horror elements make me think otherwise Oh, the dilemma...

Maybe I'm indeed just a wimp (or, then again, maybe I've just had too happy and safe a childhood so I don't need to relieve any childhood traumas through horror entertainment ;))

The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#12 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,874 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 17:56

• @RedThreadGames: We will be showing off the latest from #Chapters at @EGX_Rezzed on March 29th…along with a sneak peek at #Draugen! http://www.eurogamer...-for-egx-rezzed (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Can’t wait to demo the latest #Chapters updates at @EGX_Rezzed in March. @mBruusgaard and I will be on stage showcasing that and…#DRAUGEN! (x)

#13 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:31

Forum super-exclusive super-secret info (!!!!) :

It looks frikkin awesome! :)

• Morten, wandrew, Tina and 4 others like this
:cannon:  Cannon stroker   :cannon:
        :crow:  OrNOThologist   :crow:

#14 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:03

Forum super-exclusive super-secret info (!!!!) :

It looks frikkin awesome! :)

ZOMFGZ SPOILER ALERT MARTIN

• skadet likes this

#15 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:47

Aah, I'm sure it will be awesome, but I'm so bad at horror games... Can't control my nerves with them.

Anyway, I was wondering. Shouldn't this thread be in the Announcements & News Sub-Forum, instead of the Speculation & Discussion...?

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#16 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,874 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:18

Reason why I didn't post it in the announcement and news is that the other forum section is RTG's own domain. And I didn't want to intrude on it. But I wouldn't mind moving it, just need RTG-confirmation first in that case. (but speculation will surely follow as the game gets more developed and more tweets are tweeted, I think)

#17 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 07 March 2014 - 14:03

.@ragnartornquist is enjoying an early prototype of Draugen :) pic.twitter.com/wzhEbezs0E (X)

• wandrew, Tina, Guran and 1 other like this

#18 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 March 2014 - 20:26

.@ragnartornquist is enjoying an early prototype of Draugen :) pic.twitter.com/wzhEbezs0E (X)

Ooh, I like the mist in the fjords...

The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#19 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,874 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:09

Yesterday:

• @RagnarTornquist: I just spent fifteen minutes wandering around Graavik. At night. With a gas lantern. Wearing the @oculus. Absolutely terrifying! #Draugen (x)

#20 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,874 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:29

And now:

Facebook; Draugen: (x)
We are just FIVE DAYS away from the release of the first official Draugen trailer!
On Monday, March 31st, Graavik will be revealed, and the horror will be unleashed…
Stay tuned for a sneak peek later today!
"Discover the clues. Uncover the memories. Decipher the past.
"Survive the night."

• toremygg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users