115 replies to this topic

#101 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:24

If redthread is able to rivalized frictionnal games, they may be getting more popular with that title. I sure want them to be that good with it as well as hearing about myth from their country.

• khh likes this

#102 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:30

I would love to see Ragnar and RTG do a Fig campaign for this. I know a lot of people hate on that website, but I personally think it's a cool concept.

#103 Lautaro

Lautaro

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 08 March 2016 - 20:10

i'm starving for new info on this!

#104 cyseal

cyseal

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 23:07

Will there be some kind of defensive game mechanic ?

Will the player be defenseless?

I would like a challenging game with a bit tint of Bioshock game mechanic but close to the own game lore with lovecraftian elements.

#105 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:16

Since Ragnar just tweeted about Draugen, I thought it would be good to make a thread where we can put information that trickles in about that game - since we're probably going to get more information now in 2014. Also beacuse this forum section is completely empty right now :P

Tweets today:

• #Draugen is turning into an incredibly well-researched game. We’re diving into century-old books to find inspiration. Every detail matters. (x)
  • Pretty sure some people will claim #Draugen “is not a REAL game”. Some people said that about @GoneHomeGame as well. Some people are idiots. (x)
  • With #Draugen, our goal is to tell a story that’s never been told in a game before. Very human, very real, very dark. Very, very different. (x)

Then @TheRealDoffen "so when will we see it?", to which Ragnar replies:

• .@TheRealDoffen We’re going to announce something very very soon. The first sneak peek at #Draugen will take place in front of an audience... (x)

Rinu wants to throw money at it and Ragnar answers

• "@RinuCZ You’ll have to throw harder. (Or wait for the @Kickstarter. Maybe just wait.)" (x)

(meh, I'm not sure about the formatting of this post but whatevz)

Guess i'm an idiot then I found the narrative interesting but lack of anything to do made it seem like a tech demo something that had potential but not a fan of those kinds of titles.

Walking around an environment solving puzzles is fine but make it interesting tell a story do something  I just felt gone home did not do that since I found the narrative really confusing.

#106 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7,028 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2016 - 14:50

Guess i'm an idiot then I found the narrative interesting but lack of anything to do made it seem like a tech demo something that had potential but not a fan of those kinds of titles.

Walking around an environment solving puzzles is fine but make it interesting tell a story do something I just felt gone home did not do that since I found the narrative really confusing.

I think it's perfectly fine and ok to not enjoy those kinds of games. For the most part I'm not a fan either.

But they're still games. That's the part I think Ragnar take issue with, when you have these self-appointed gatekeepers who proclaim that this and that isn't a real game - or a game at all.
  • agirlnamedbob and mrKnask like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#107 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 15:03

But they're still games. That's the part I think Ragnar take issue with, when you have these self-appointed gatekeepers who proclaim that this and that isn't a real game - or a game at all.

^This. 

Like, I loved Gone Home. But I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I don't have an issue with people not liking it. I have an issue with people trying to tell me that I can't like it. (Or that I'm ruining games by liking it...or that I'm less of a gamer for liking it... ...etc.) 

• trentjaspar likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#108 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:14

I mean Draugen looks interesting because it seems to be going for a amneisa way of telling a story through notes and text (could be wrong on that point) and it seems like its a big environment that you have to traverse, but as long as the narrative is working than that's fine.

To be fair when it comes to gameplay aspects of DFC there is not a whole of stuff going on and is very simplistic unlike the narrative which is complex and it is used to tell a story where the narrative not the gameplay is in focus.

They are still games but where the focus is on narrative before gameplay and that's fine they are still games but narrative driven games as I call them gone home also fall into that category.

#109 te36

te36

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:25

That what will have to become could not have been in the past. Draugen is not a game before such a time after Mercuria and Stark have freed the spirits they enslaved for so long; then Draugen will have become a game. That we did remember. Oftentime.

Abnaxus

#110 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:10

• khh, trentjaspar and Aj17 like this

#111 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 15:00

So no news on Draugen yet?  It's been 8 months since that last post.  Any type of update, even one like that one, would be appreciated!

#112 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 February 2017 - 15:46

So no news on Draugen yet?  It's been 8 months since that last post.  Any type of update, even one like that one, would be appreciated!

There was this, a week ago:

• mrKnask likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#113 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2017 - 17:44

So, at least we know it's still on the drawing board.  That's something anyways!

• Bruno likes this

#114 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:58

I hate gatekeepers and holders of truth saying to me megritte truths that I can figure out for myself. I love me some walking simulator and it's all about the finesse of discovering the story. It's a small delicious nugget that you have to cherish. it's not always about pew pew and huge puzzles. So I'm also looking forward to this. Also to perception which will be some kind of semi walking simulator exploring game as well. 

Looking forward to play dfc on ps4 together with my mother. Explaining the story.

#115 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:07

it's not always about pew pew and huge puzzles. So I'm also looking forward to this. Also to perception which will be some kind of semi walking simulator exploring game as well.

Then again!

There will be 'puzzles'. You won't simply be an observer in Draugen: you will participate, engage, make choices and interact with the world.

:)
  • CosmicD likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#116 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:20

well yeah there were "puzzles" in gone home and the vanishing of ethan carter also , but you know those are "navigation" puzzles. But if there's a puzzle like ikn dfc or the old myst games, that's a welcome variation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users