Photo

Your one favourite TLJ moment. One. Only one. Solo, unique.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:07

We've had lots of discussion about favourite bits in TLJ. Oh this was good, and that was excellent, and do you remember when...? I am going to be strict here. One. One moment. No ifs or buts, you can only pick one. ;) Well it's more fun if we limit ourselves to only one thing. Makes it a bit different.

------------

For me I had one most arresting picture, the one thing that really made an impression on me and was what I kept in mind for all those years since I first played TLJ. When I fired up the game again last year this was the thing I was waiting for, the most iconic image. And when I saw it again I was like ahhh, yes. This is it!

I vaguely remembered that it came to life or moved or a dragon came out of it, or something. But just the look of it there in the corner evoked something in me that connected all the feelings and information together into a space in my mind that came to contain the whole concept of TLJ. I love that thing!

• WorldsReunited, popcorngal, trentjaspar and 5 others like this

#2 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:56

For me, it has to be the scene in Dreamfall when Kian and April meet. The one dialogue when Kian says "How can we be enemies when we have just met?" This summarizes what I think to be the most important point in Dreamfall. The rebels fight for freedom, the Azadi are not all evil, (if Kian can change I'm sure other Azadi can too), and most importantly, the war between Kian and April, between freedom and order, between people who hate each other who have never met one another, that speaks to the depth of this game. The character control going between Kian and April is also just right on cord as well. It just struck me in the right spot at the right time.

• WorldsReunited, trentjaspar, maskedgeekgirl and 5 others like this

"I am at the crossroads between waking and dream. One path leads back to the world I left behind. The other path … the other path leads to a place of shadows. Between the familiar and the unknown, between certainty and doubt, my choice would seem obvious. Any sane man would turn around, return to the world he knows, forget what he has learned, and live his life in blissful ignorance. But in truth, it is too late. My choice was made many years ago, when I first embarked on this journey. I cannot turn back. I am at a crossroads, but for me there is only one path. I leave behind these words in the hope that, someday, they will serve as a map for someone else. To whomever reads this, Godspeed on your journey. If you ever decide to follow in my footsteps, look me up." -Brian Westhouse, Dreamfall

"The hardest part of the day isn't falling asleep realizing you are going to awaken in a new world. It's trying to wake up knowing you will have to fall asleep and abandon that world at some point, abandoning everything that you've fallen in love with in that world."

#3 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:19

Ooooh...these are both very good ones, and would probably be candidates for my own answer.  But now I need to come up with something else.  ;-)

And of course the OP's question said TLJ but Undreamer gave an answer from DF...but I'm going to let that slide.  :)

I don't have an encyclopedic knowlege of the game, so I might have to go back and look at a walkthrough or something to jog my memory.

To be continued, I hope.

• Undreamer likes this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#4 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:09

For me it was that point where nearly everything that happened in TLJ and Dremfall started to make sense...

Oh wait!  That hasn't happened yet!

• WorldsReunited, trentjaspar, Mixthos and 3 others like this

#5 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:28

I liked the interegation room scene in DF

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#6 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:41

My favourite TLJ moment is of course the rubber ducky puzzle.

• Vainamoinen, Mixthos, NeilClaimer and 4 others like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#7 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:44

(no, it isn't  :P )

In TLJ it's the first shift, at the back of the cinema. That is when the magic really starts happening and you get a first real glimpse of the adventure that is to follow. I love that moment.

In Dreamfall, my favourite moment is the climax, when all three characters get together in Swamp City. I loved how that section played through, with the three different points of view, each subsequent one filling more gaps from the previous one. It's a beautifully constructed part of the story (and very very emotional with what happens to April...)

• popcorngal, Undreamer, aeonfluxx75 and 4 others like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#8 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:48

Crow all the way )

• Rowan37 and Veen Friend like this

blasted be the balance

#9 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 July 2014 - 13:42

Bak'baar.
  • popcorngal, Alcarmo and Rowan37 like this

#10 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 14:18

It might be because I've only just played that part, but there's one tiny moment that I think is really clever and funny. When you send April deep into Roper Clacks' castle, towards all of the staircases and bridges, she runs up towards them and hits the wall because it's just a painting. :lol: I really wasn't expecting it the first time I played the game and that moment stuck in my head ever since. :D

• Edreamer Jamil, Alcarmo, Mixthos and 2 others like this

#11 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 16:24

Please be aware of spoiling content!

For me it was the scene were Zoé finally meets Damien Cavanaugh.

maxresdefault.jpg

Damien tells all about what he have found out about Dreamtime/The Dreamer,

the causes and consequenses for it.

What he is working on and is able to do, that he has a plan for destroing Dreamcore for a time.

Damien has at this point, got a lot of insight as he was an insider,

and was reacting against the consequenses in secret.

Dreamtime should be stopped in time, was his plan.

And he was a friend of Reza/Jericho, who got caught, for knowing too much.

This was clearing out a lot of things in the story.

And it did a climax in the story.

For me this was as good as one of the best movies seen yet!

This could be a perfect end of book one for Dreamfall with revelations!

Waiting with own ideas for what might happen in book two.

And what a story to follow, with lots of actions in WATIcorp...

• popcorngal, Undreamer and Rowan37 like this

#12 Nilaii

Nilaii

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Western Europolis

Posted 22 July 2014 - 17:29

Don't worry about spoiler alerts, this whole subforum is "SPOILER ALERT"

• trentjaspar, aeonfluxx75, Rowan37 and 1 other like this

#13 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 18:29

I like that  :uncrow:

Here we can talk about the story in fully without offending. Just testing  ;)

#14 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 19:22

In TLJ it's the first shift, at the back of the cinema. That is when the magic really starts happening and you get a first real glimpse of the adventure that is to follow. I love that moment.

Me too, though my favorite bit is the conversation with Cortez, where April asks what will happen if she doesn't go through the Shift. The response, that "something else" will happen, and that she could opt not to go along with "destiny," was really powerful. It felt like April could just walk right out of the game. Of course she couldn't, but it created a great tension, and made the player say "yes" to the story. Love it, love it, love it.
  • Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, popcorngal and 8 others like this

#15 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:36

Best part of TLJ = Prologue

Best part of Dreamfall = Crossroads

#16 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 24 July 2014 - 18:34

So... many... to... choose... from... *clutches heart*

Okie dokie, my drama queen moment is over. But it was justified since I find it so difficult to have to make a choice. Only one choice. :P One scene, one scene...

Flipper's death. It wasn't something I'd been expecting at all and it really shocked me that first time I played, oh so very long ago. And on each subsequent playthrough I always want him to pop up and yell, 'Ha! Sucker! I fooled you."

• Mawnster, Mixthos, Bruno and 3 others like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#17 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 22:31

The ending of TLJ,when April walks away from the Guardian's realm,gave me such a great feeling of sadness (still does.Ok,i was/am glad that April doesn't have to spend 1000 years isolated in that tower,but,you know...).

So,my favourite moment is during the epilogue,when Crow shows up.Crow made me think that L.Alvane is certainly April,and it was such a sense of relief to learn that April had lived a long and fulfilling adventurous life with at least one good friend by her side.

• Ceres, Alcarmo, ACID_RAIN82 and 3 others like this

#18 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 16:06

For me, it's the first time April shifts to Temple in Arcadia and Tobias explains to her about Balance, magic and science, 4 Draic-Kins, Arcadia and Stark, the missing guardian etc. I find that dialogue interesting even after playing the game for so many times.

• Chocobo_sage, Alcarmo, aeonfluxx75 and 3 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#19 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 27 July 2014 - 16:35

Yes Crow showing up at the end after the story was my fave part, though the whole Klacks challenge was great! (He was surprisingly good at hopscotch)
  • Edreamer Jamil, ACID_RAIN82, Rowan37 and 1 other like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#20 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 27 July 2014 - 20:07

Such a difficult choice to make...

I'm also going to cheat and pick a moment in Dreamfall... 

The reunion between April and Crow.  :wub:

Attached File  6300_screenshots_2013-06-16_00013.jpg   83.44KB   5 downloads

• Rowan37 and Sha'nie like this

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users