Photo

Your one favourite TLJ moment. One. Only one. Solo, unique.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Kate

Kate

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPlauen/Germany

Posted 24 June 2015 - 19:15

When April and the player get the first look over Marcuria. Especially when she enters the port, I will never forget how my jaw dropped the first time I played it back then. And it's still my favourite moment, even tho the list goes on and on...

• Tina, khh, toremygg and 3 others like this

... Just me.

Facebook - Twitter - Tumblr - Steam

#62 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 12 September 2015 - 19:50

Maerum and Alatien reunion :)

#63 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 19:57

Having to pic one...I'd say TLJ when April talks to the blue dragon. I was in awe.

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#64 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 25 October 2015 - 21:18

There are two scenes that seems to stand out the most and both have been mentioned by others.

The first was one of Ragnar's underwear scenes where April accidentally shifts to Marcuria and finds herself in the Jouneyman Inn. The music, dancing and dialogue are all wonderful.

The second is when April is leaving the Guardian's Realm.  The combination of relief and deep disappointment. Watching the tower come to life and April not being a part of it. It is almost as if there was no recognition of her achievement.

• Starseeker likes this

#65 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:27

I really can't pick one... but just to say one, I'd choose the meeting of April and Cortez and the back of the cinema and her first shift, it's like all the magic began there.

For Dreamfall: TLJ, asides of April reunited with Crow, I really liked when Zöe got to meet Charlie and Emma. I really love those characters and seeing what they were up to, how they reacted when April told them what was happening, how they looked for her  when she disappeared until Charlie gave up while Emma still believes she's out there... it was really emotional to me. I still wish April, Charlie and Emma can reunite or have some kind of conversation for the last time so they Charlie and Emma get to know how is April doing and viceversa, having some sense of closure... that would be great.

#66 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:28

I don't know if I already answered this but...when April got into that suit and went after the guardian.  I'm like...we've reached critical mass now.  Not that everything else wasn't unusual but really...wow.

#67 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:14

This one from 'Dreamfall':

April Ryan: "'Charity and good will'? Is that what they call military occupation these days? Don't mistake gratitude for love, Azadi. A lot of people were grateful that you liberated Marcuria from the Tyren hordes. Others are grateful for what you've brought with you. Technology, airships, exotic goods, increased trade. And your soldiers, they've made the Northlands safe against our enemies, and Marcuria's streets secure to walk at night. As long as you're human, of course.

I'm embarrassed to say there are even those who are happy you've rounded up all the non-humans and stuck them in a ghetto. So sure, there are those who are grateful, and those who have gained a lot from your presence here. As for the silent majority... Well, who wants to rock the boat when there's food on the table, a roof over your head, and a job to pay the bills?

But ask those who are no longer allowed to speak their minds, to walk the streets, or to practice their religion. What do you think they'll say? Ask a Sentinel Minstrum - if you can find one - what they felt when you leveled their holiest shrine to the ground to make room for your tower.

Ask those who've had their homes raided and destroyed because they weren't born human, because they practiced magic, or because they didn't worship your goddess. Ask the Dolmari or the Zhid about being forced to relocate and live inside the walls of the ghetto while they await an uncertain fate. Do you think they will sing your praises? Do you think they've bought into the whole 'charity and good will' song and dance? You came here under the pretense of liberating us, but instead you've imprisoned us. You've taken our sovereignty and you've taken out faith. You're even trying to take our individuality away. You want to make us into you. It won't work. In the end, people won't stand for it.

If you hadn't come to our lands, we might still be homeless, hunted, hungry...but we'd be free. And freedom, Azadi - freedom is worth a lot more than you will ever know."

#68 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 21:32

I will add my "one moment" from DFC:

Queenie's exit. I love this. It's out of the blue, genuinely surprising, hilarious, yet also fitting and elegant once my "shock laugh" subsides. When I think about the concept of the existence of DFC at all in my mind this scene is what plays out.

#69 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:17

I think Queenie's chair was taken from a legend about an ancient Chinese warlord who supposedly flew on a chair that had primitive rockets attached to it.

• loranna238 likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#70 Serge

Serge

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 23 April 2016 - 17:42

When April sank the ship :) Very funny)

#71 slektstreff

slektstreff

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 14:57

When Neema, a young Alatien woman, tells April the Tale of Homecoming.

• Yarrozu likes this

#72 peachykeen

peachykeen

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, US, Stark

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:59

Boy this is a tough one...  I suppose it depends on what type of "favorite"..

My personal favorite, despite not really being a big plot point or anything...  Would be discovering that Ben-Bandu survived.   The Dreamfall series has been slowly depressing me over time, and I was saddened to hear about the Bandu.  Ben-Bandu was one of my favorite characters from TLJ original, I suppose because he's so polite and cute in his own way.  Just a very gentle soul, and the Bandu seemed like an interesting group of magical folk.

Otherwise there are probably a few other moments that I liked, but Ben-Bandu was certainly the one with the most positive impact on me.

Really hoping there are some more bright spots coming up in the storyline, as the chapters have been seeming to just be more and more depressing.

Keep up the good work RTG team!  :)

• Nathanael and Starseeker like this

#73 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:14

Another big favorite of mine is when April traps Chaos with the use of the 13th Guardian Talisman and Blind Magic. What I like is her facial and body movements that showed surprise, disbelief, and finally, "Wow - that is done!".

• Nathanael likes this

#74 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:30

it's hard choosing one! I'd have to say one the scene from my first quote, where Cortez is slightly goading April into the shift.

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#75 Brighter_than_the_Sun

Brighter_than_the_Sun

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 16:45

It is not my favourite because everything is working with the rest in this game.

The scene where April gets Roper Clacks to be trapped inside the calculator.

Pay attention! She didn;t trapped him.Clacks trapped himself to the calculator

as him being a seeker of power and control over others,his awareness got trapped

to what he thought to be an instrument of control and wanted it so bad.

April taught him a lesson but he choosed this position! 

A good reference that we are being trapped to our controlling desires and creations!

#76 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 17:50

It is not my favourite because everything is working with the rest in this game.

The scene where April gets Roper Clacks to be trapped inside the calculator.

Pay attention! She didn;t trapped him.Clacks trapped himself to the calculator

as him being a seeker of power and control over others,his awareness got trapped

to what he thought to be an instrument of control and wanted it so bad.

April taught him a lesson but he choosed this position! 

A good reference that we are being trapped to our controlling desires and creations!

Klacks did trap himself.  My impression of the scene was the "Intrigue" and "Power" is what captivated him. Control over others is just an application of "Power" - and was not what trapped him.

• Brighter_than_the_Sun likes this

#77 Brighter_than_the_Sun

Brighter_than_the_Sun

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:12

you get too literal bro :D am sure everyone gets the overall picture.

#78 primaleph

primaleph

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 23:20

Finally figuring out who Saga was, both in her past and her future. :-D

#79 Toffy

Toffy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:49

My favourite moment of all games is the very first scene we get with Zoe in Dreamfall: TLJ. The Hospital theme and her voiceover makes me tear up every single time. It just feels like such an important moment, this small unraveling of a story you are about to go into. And it makes me think of April and Kian too, how all these threads tie into one.

Oh I just love the Hospital theme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users