• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 Selky

Selky

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 18:29

It broke my heart too. I admit, I didn't care much for Zoe or Kian by the end, or even the plot for that matter (blah blah Undreaming blah blah silver spear of McGuffin), but I'm glad I played this game to see what happened to April. It still hurts to think about even half a year later. I know that ultimately it's a happy ending for her due to being reborn as Saga, but at the same time I can't forget that April died as a miserable and broken person. As soon as I met her again in Dreamfall I hoped she would be saved. Realizing how far gone she was and then having to see her die while she was at her lowest point was awful. Seeing her that final time, at peace and ready to move on with her best friend at her side was even more heartbreaking, even though I appreciate the closure. I don't think I'll ever really "accept" what happened to April Ryan, but for that same reason I'll never forget it. I'll always wonder if there was something more to April's past, what happened to her between the first two games, if there was some other way that she could have been saved.

I consider it brave of Ragnar & co to take her in the direction they did and I'm grateful for that. It hurt a lot but I wouldn't have it any other way. Her journey was very emotional for me and she'll always be a character close to my heart.

• Vainamoinen, magic88889, MilDal and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users