• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frungi

Frungi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:24

When Zoe and Damien talk in chapter 7 of Dreamfall proper, they mention the Dreamer and "that drug, Morpheus." This is the first I'm hearing of any drug connected to the Dreamer. Did I miss something?

#2 Frungi

Frungi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:48

I guess it's just a sleep aid that was discussed offscreen?

#3 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:14

From the Wiki:

A drug that is used in conjunction with a Dreamer Console for WATI's Project Alchera. It is injected into the user's bloodstream and usually works within a few minutes. Morpheus is essentially a strong sedative and hallucinogen used to induce dreaming. Overdoses of Morpheus, or too much over a short period, can cause heart failure as was the case with its testing on Faith. Morpheus was also being used as a treatment for Eingana while it was experiencing critical system problems.

http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Morpheus

The way I saw it was that the early prototypes needed it in order to function properly.  That something about it altered the brain so that it would accept the external input. 

#4 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 October 2016 - 13:53

When Zoƫ wakes up in the Fringe after visiting Arcadia for the first time, Charlie tells her that she had been drugged. So she must have figured out that the Dreamer needs a drug to work, since she had already been knocked out when they injected her.

#5 Frungi

Frungi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:04

Ahh, that must be what I missed. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users