4 replies to this topic

#1 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:34

Good morning

In FAQ, french voice should arrived after all five episodes as promised in kickstarter.

(2) Stretch goal & reward delivery [updated March 30th, 2016]

Stretch Goals:

• "The Spoken World" DELIVERED/PENDING — Language versions: The French and Polish voices version will likely be added only after all five episodes have released in the English language (no official comment – but French subtitles seem to be available); the German voices are delivered faster following an agreement with EuroVideo. Voice actors: From the original TLJ/DF cast, Sarah Hamilton (April), Roger Raines (Crow), André Sogliuzzo (Blind Bob) and Ralph Byers (Brian Westhouse/Roper Klacks) return.
  •  

The fifth episode has been released sinc some months and no french voiceovers. When will french voices be released?

Thanks.

#2 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:42

Hi willow,

There may be a language issue here, but "after" does not necessarily mean "immediately after"; in this case, it means that they won't be added before the 5th Book is released. Not to mention that the text you quoted is only a guess by the member who posted that message; it was not posted by anyone who works in RTG, and so can't be considered any kind of official.

As far as we know, RTG are currently working on the next edition of Dreamfall Chapters, which is going to include several improvements. It's possible that the French voices will be added in that one, but again that is only a guess by me. They might be in fact added in a version after that one.

#3 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 14:21

Hi willow,

There may be a language issue here, but "after" does not necessarily mean "immediately after"; in this case, it means that they won't be added before the 5th Book is released. Not to mention that the text you quoted is only a guess by the member who posted that message; it was not posted by anyone who works in RTG, and so can't be considered any kind of official.

As far as we know, RTG are currently working on the next edition of Dreamfall Chapters, which is going to include several improvements. It's possible that the French voices will be added in that one, but again that is only a guess by me. They might be in fact added in a version after that one.

Thanks, but french version was a promised by RTG

In kickstarter, french voice should be at the release of game.

Will Dreamfall Chapters be available in German and French?

If we meet our stretch goal at $1,250,000, then yes, it will!

We hope to have both subtitles and voice-overs in German and French at launch.

https://www.kickstar...longest-journey

Ragnar has said on this forum in 2014 that french voices would be released after the release of fifth book.

http://redthreadgame...ge-5#entry27323

33884841no.jpg

even if the release of french voices is not immediately (I can understand the necessary time to make voice), it would be good to have any information. the last update in kickstarter speaks only about german voices.

I am afraid that this promise has disappeared.

I hope that french voices are included in the special edition but please, any information would be good..

#4 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 19:07

Kickstarter update 103 and no french voice.

https://www.kickstar...y/posts/1777799

I am sad. Where are french voices?

#5 Merrick Simms

Merrick Simms

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndexia

Posted 07 January 2017 - 15:15

Still no news. Can we AT LEAST have a Yes/No answer?

• MilDal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users