#1 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,811 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2016 - 16:44

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

c4b2ed38f69dfae341dcbb745621028d_origina

The Red Thread team has wrapped up another incredibly busy and rewarding year, and

everyone's scattered to the winds to spend quality time with friends and family – but Crow &

Saga wanted to wish all of our backers & supporters a wonderful holiday season!

(Yes, the House of All Worlds may be nowhere and no-when, but we still celebrate Christmas

there...at least once a year.)

The next year will be another eventful and exciting year for Dreamfall Chapters, with the long-

awaited console version and The Final Cut – but more on that next year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & New Year, and we'll see you in 2017!

Saga & Crow (and also Team RTG)

• Chocobo_sage, khh, Ringtail and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:44

cool :) I appreciate the update.

#3 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:36

cool :) I appreciate the update.

If you can call it that. It's more of an electronic "Happy Holidays!" card and a promise that they've made and broken time and again. It would be great if they would take the time to at least say hi in person and promise to try to address the recent problems with their forum, which have been going on for months, but I'm through hoping that they'll try to keep this place together. I just hope that then end result won't be the death of this forum, which would result in everyone losing touch unless they decide to install some app.

#4 Lee-m

Lee-m

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:57

If you can call it that. It's more of an electronic "Happy Holidays!" card and a promise that they've made and broken time and again. It would be great if they would take the time to at least say hi in person and promise to try to address the recent problems with their forum, which have been going on for months, but I'm through hoping that they'll try to keep this place together. I just hope that then end result won't be the death of this forum, which would result in everyone losing touch unless they decide to install some app.

Good god man, cheer up ! Its just a game and a forum. I remember a time when we just had fan run forums.

• Chocobo_sage likes this

#5 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 21:37

Good god man, cheer up ! Its just a game and a forum. I remember a time when we just had fan run forums.

I'd be okay with the radio silence if it weren't for the fact that the forum has been going downhill in a major way. First there was the bug that makes it look like we're not logged in, and now sometimes the forum looks like the mobile app version of the forum. It's nothing the user can't fix when it happens, but it's not a good sign that this has been going on for months. I'd like it if they'd poke their heads in here and tell us they're aware of the bugs and are working on them. In the end, it might have been better if this were a fan-run forum. At least that way we could make sure that the site doesn't crash and burn. Most of the regulars in the Salty Seaman have installed some app so they can get in touch with each other if the forum finally dies, so it's not just me who's worried about it happening.

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,811 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 December 2016 - 23:03

Most of the regulars in the Salty Seaman have installed some app so they can get in touch with each other if the forum finally dies, so it's not just me who's worried about it happening.

More like we have set up a few alternate methods of communication, though that was basically entirely independent of the issues the forum has had. Like we've had an IRC channel since... ...hell, before we moved off of the Undreaming. And the WhatsApp was a separate thing, too. We've just discussed that we can meet up via those channels if this place does go down for an extended period (or permanently, but I'd prefer to think that's not going to happen).

;)

But yeah. I was kiiinda hoping we'd get some specifics or...something... ...in this update, since we have  handful of things that we keep hearing we'll get more info about "Soon™" and that does get old/frustrating after a while. And as a Mod I feel bad because usually I'm pretty on the ball with info and can answer questions pretty quickly but now when it comes to the stuff we've been waiting for news on for a while all I can really do is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

So. Yeah, it's frustrating, but I'm still glad we at least got a "Hey, we're definitely not dead" message and I do hope that the RTG crew gets some R&R with friends and family...and that the New Year will bring new news. ;) 

• Ringtail and bongboy like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#7 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:19

eh I am not worried about a date. All I really want to know is when the game is no longer being worked on.

• WhiteKin likes this

#8 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:24

We're still monitoring the forums and activity going on here, but personally, I simply do not have the time to go as in-depth with the community like I may have had before.

And the stability of the forum software suffers with it. I apologize, but I have to prioritize, and right now there's just no time at all.

Thanks for still being the most awesome community and fans ever! Happy new year! :)

• popcorngal, khh, MisterMetropolis and 3 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#9 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:29

We're still monitoring the forums and activity going on here, but personally, I simply do not have the time to go as in-depth with the community like I may have had before.

And the stability of the forum software suffers with it. I apologize, but I have to prioritize, and right now there's just no time at all.

Thanks for still being the most awesome community and fans ever! Happy new year! :)

I completely understand and respect your comment. Unfortunately, I also kinda read it as, "We love you, but if your ship springs a leak, we can't be bothered to notice it or respond to it, so you'll all drown, and we don't really care enough to try to prevent this from happening." To this, all I can muster is a, "I love all of you and want the best for you, and I wish that you felt the same way about us!"

#10 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:46

That's not how I read that.  I read it more as, 'we have so many projects that we're working on that nobody literally has the time to work on this', as in they have a lot of projects in the pipeline!  I only know of two, but that would seem to indicate that there may be more in the works.  And more games sooner rather than later means more people coming to the forum, more money, and in general good things, which maybe means that RTG can allocate a few more resources our way. 

#11 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:56

Yeah, I'm with you on that one, except that I haven't seen any action taken on the part of RTG to even acknowledge the forum issues, let alone heard a promise by them to acknowledge that said issues exist, or that they intend upon working on them. Why is this? I'd love for them to give us an answer, but at this point it's clear that this will not happen. Why is anyone's guess, but it certainly makes me a sad panda. :(

• magic88889 likes this

#12 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:18

Every so often I'll check this forum to see any news about the RTG projects. I feel sad to read comments like this: 

I've grown into the "backer-ism" by know, and regret SOME things I've said about the development of DFC, but this comment really shows how RTG thinks about it's backers and lifelong, (no even longer) community.

Your kickstarter crew deserves at least a forum that functions, RTG, I've been on the TLJ forums for years after the release, and I'm still in contact with some of those people. At least have the courtesy to keep up your forums, for your fan-bases' sake. We (they) are what made you, and you can still learn from. These forums are more valuable then Kickstarter money.

But now it's dying (3.0)

Happy 2017!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, kickstarter update, christmas, holiday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users