• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,811 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:51

I think he just remembered the horrible combat from first Dreamfall. Actually, if RTG managed to make it better I wouldn't mind to kick some Mr.London's goons' asses with Zoe (do you remember that she had 'black belt' in previous game?). However, what I reallly would like to see - some 'programming' puzzles at Pandemonium and to shut Dream Engine.

Oh I remember the shitty combat mechanics in DFC. Good god, do I remember. They've been the butt of a lot of jokes, which was part of why I wasn't sure if it was a joke.

I guess I just didn't follow the conclusion. DFC was pitched as not having combat. There wasn't any combat in the Books as originally released. I get that tweaks to gameplay and the introduction of a publisher into the mix is scary, but the introduction of combat at this stage just...doesn't seem like something to be super concerned about, even given all of that. Especially not when indie (or indie-esque) games that rely on things like C&C or exploration mechanics as primary gameplay are in vogue right now. I mean. I could be wrong and I'll be pissed if I am, but... it just seems so unlikely. I have a long list of things I'd be concerned about before that one. 

• bongboy and Hellegennes like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#42 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:40

The ways in which we can interpret the "changes to gameplay" are probably rather narrow. Changes to game mechanics, that would be another beast entirely. A change to gameplay is what we've seen in Book One, though this was subtractive instead of additive. Let's... hope for additive in that respect. :ph34r:

• Indrid Cold and bongboy like this

Chairwoman and/or man of the Forum Exodus Rejection and Downtime Opposition Warlords Society (F.E.R.D.O.W.S.). Join now!

#43 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:02

Oh I remember the shitty combat mechanics in DFC

Fixed it for you, I think.

• Indrid Cold and mrKnask like this

#44 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 14:17

Why no info with French voice version?

Last patch announce german voice but where are french voice promised in kickstarter?

Is it cancelled?

Thanks

up.

Please.

thanks

#45 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,811 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 14:22

Fixed it for you, I think.

Lol yeah. Was posting late and it's like habit to throw that C on there now. Usually I catch myself.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, kickstarter update, january update, patch, german subtitles, console release, xbox, playstation, enhanced edition, final cut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users