#81 Lee-m

Lee-m

Vestrum Herald

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 17 February 2017 - 23:56

The way I see it the console port isn't really part of the Kickstarter campaign.

^this. Pretty much said as much my self a few times already.

I mean it's been so long already, what's another two - three months really?

There is a good chance that the last few rewards and stories are really all we have left from TLJ universe. So I see no rush.
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#82 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 21:54

We’ll be talking specifics soon

Sooooo. How 'bout now?

Sooooo. How 'bout now? :)
  • Edreamer Jamil, MisterMetropolis and Indrid Cold like this

"Negative coverage" of the Donald Trump regime means calling a spade a spade. It is the "balanced" view and "middle ground" you've been looking for.

#83 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:10

I'm hoping for an update on the original release date (March 24). That'll be so awkward if they let it pass...especially since the delay announcement never even came from them...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#84 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,931 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 17:03

I'm hoping for an update on the original release date (March 24). That'll be so awkward if they let it pass...especially since the delay announcement never even came from them...

Ragnar did retweet something that made reference to the new release date, but yeah. An update about the final cut: PC edition in reference to that would be welcome. Same with the other misc outstanding stuff. 

I'm honestly not in a rush, it's just nice to get those little "Hey, still alive, this is where things are at" updates from time to time. Especially when there is at least one worthwhile thing to mention (re: delay). 

• MisterMetropolis likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#85 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 18:45

apparently they're looking at may now, if I recall correctly.

edit-----------

I am not in a rush either but geez I want to finally play this :P I've been waiting since october 2014 according to my forum join date.

#86 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,931 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 19:17

May 5th is the new release date for the console version. The Final Cut for PC was originally meant to come out at the same time, so we are working under the assumption that the release date for that has also been pushed back. But I don't believe we've gotten any official statement on that. 

• Vainamoinen and DiskJunky like this

#87 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 21:32

May 5th is the new release date for the console version. The Final Cut for PC was originally meant to come out at the same time, so we are working under the assumption that the release date for that has also been pushed back. But I don't believe we've gotten any official statement on that.

No official statement needed. Koch Media would claw their way through RTG's belly for releasing the final cut on PC before the retail console versions are out. :unsure:

It's pretty funny that the first concrete dates we get for basically anything more than a week in the future have turned out to be bogus without another official word. Backers that don't check the forum regularly may still think they get their Kickstarter rewards this week.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

"Negative coverage" of the Donald Trump regime means calling a spade a spade. It is the "balanced" view and "middle ground" you've been looking for.

#88 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 20 March 2017 - 21:43

Yeah, someone on Facebook posted something to that effect. I didn't have the energy to correct the mistake.
  • Vainamoinen and MisterMetropolis like this

#89 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,931 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 21:46

Mhm. That's my concern as well. 

I understand that the console version isn't really a part of the Kickstarter, updates in regards to that aren't a necessity, etc. etc. But at this point the console version is tied to outstanding backer rewards, so... ...yeah. 

I'm not trying to take a shot at RTG or anything. It's just I feel like there are very reasonable things to be frustrated about and I feel bad.

...And on a slightly more selfish note, sometimes those people reach out to me to get information / answers and uh... ...yeah... :/ 

• Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen and NeilClaimer like this

#90 NomenLuni

NomenLuni

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 13:12

It's pretty funny that the first concrete dates we get for basically anything more than a week in the future have turned out to be bogus without another official word. Backers that don't check the forum regularly may still think they get their Kickstarter rewards this week.

Yeah. I didn't know that the release date had changed until a few days ago when I wandered into the forum and started looking at random posts. Part of me still believes that the PC version will be out this weekend and that won't change until I see an official notice by RTG.

• Vainamoinen and khh like this

#91 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:37

Yeah. I didn't know that the release date had changed until a few days ago when I wandered into the forum and started looking at random posts. Part of me still believes that the PC version will be out this weekend and that won't change until I see an official notice by RTG.

I... admire your optimism! :)

• khh, Ringtail, Mr_Russ and 1 other like this

#92 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 19:38

I would think they will do the thank you calls to everyone who got that as a reward close to the actual date, won't they? Like at the end of April or first few days of May. So it's definitely not happening this week.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#93 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 20:13

Part of me still believes that the PC version will be out this weekend and that won't change until I see an official notice by RTG.

As long as you don't hold your breathe...I don't think that color blue would look good on you!!  (Or anyone else for that matter!)

• Vainamoinen likes this

#94 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,931 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 20:34

I would think they will do the thank you calls to everyone who got that as a reward close to the actual date, won't they? Like at the end of April or first few days of May. So it's definitely not happening this week.

Not necessarily. I mean. They might do that while they're shipping out physical goods. You could also argue that back when Book One launched would have been the ideal time to do it. Hard to say. 

I mean. I'm still going to go ahead and say it's delayed until May, but yeah. 

• Ringtail likes this

#95 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 March 2017 - 22:01

hehe, i heard some worried voices in my steam chat left and right about the physical rewards. Now you actually have to start reasuring people that RTG arn't pirates :). It would be cool to have a small statement. I know they're trying their best and not want to let us down. We as inner circle know they're genuine people but... the climate outside is kinda rough

#96 CrimsynSeraph

CrimsynSeraph

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 14:34

The main Redthread webpage is now saying June 17th...

He who runs in front of a car gets tired.
He who runs behind a car gets exhausted.

Proud Scion of Dynamic Chaos.

#97 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,931 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 15:00

The main Redthread webpage is now saying June 17th...

That's old. That was the release date for Book Five. (June 17, 2016)

• NeilClaimer likes this

#98 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 15:51

Some websites are still releasing articles with an old release date, stating "coming this week", even IGN. Not cool, not cool. 

http://www.ign.com/a...orts-superstars

http://www.ladepeche...pters-zero.html

https://mspoweruser....box-one-week-2/

• Vainamoinen likes this

#99 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:38

Even today people are still wondering where it is. I guess this is what happens when you have no public relations...

#100 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 25 March 2017 - 13:33

Even today people are still wondering where it is. I guess this is what happens when you have no public relations staff...

ftfy ;)

• MisterMetropolis likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, kickstarter update, january update, patch, german subtitles, console release, xbox, playstation, enhanced edition, final cut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users