Photo

"Dream fall Chapters" is damaged and can't be opened.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lyra

Lyra

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 10 February 2017 - 20:18

Hi,

I bought Dreamfall Chapters years ago when it was still on the first chapter. I bought it to play on my Mac, via the App Store. I just tried to open the game after a long time not playing it, and a window came up saying:

"Dream fall Chapters" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "Dreamfall Chapters" and download it again from the App Store.

I have not yet deleted it. To check what my next step would be, I went to the App Store and found Dreamfall Chapters. However, it has the full £28.99 price tag on it, so it looks like the App Store doesn't remember that I already own it.

What would you suggest I do? The only option I can see at the moment would be to delete the game and pay to download it again, however I don't want to do that.

Thanks.

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 10,868 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 21:54

Yeah, it sounds like there's some sort of corruption issue with the game. Since you bought it from the App Store, I don't believe there's a way to just verify the integrity of the files like on Steam. So you would likely need to download it again and reinstall. 

However, if you already bought it, then you shouldn't have to buy it again. Red Thread Games doesn't really have any control over the storefronts that sell their games, so it's not really an issue they can fix. But if it's not showing up in your account, then that's something you should be able to contact customer service at the App Store about. So. I'd recommend contacting them...and maybe see if you still have a confirmation email for the purchase as added security. But either way, they should hopefully be able to help you. 

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users