• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waldschrat75

waldschrat75

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:10

After the recent patches have been downloaded and installed I started replaying. 

It looks like missing some colors  :o  (see srcreenshots). Faces and details can be hardly seen. This did not happen to my game before patching.

Do you have any additional recommendations to the recent patch to get the original views back (eg. bright Nela)?

I'm running DFC from steam on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS with NVIDIA graphics.

Attached Files

#2 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2017 - 22:03

It looks like a bug I reported a while ago:

http://redthreadgame...dow-distance-0/

Some lights in Propast had been out when inside the shadow distance.

You can try setting the shadow distance to 0 and see if that does anything.

I only noticed that issue in Propast.

Edit: Sorry I got it wrong. try a higher shadow distance. The lights where ON inside the shadow distance.

#3 waldschrat75

waldschrat75

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 19:57

Thanks for the hints. I tried all variants of shadow distance and I could also see some changes but these changes were very small. E.g. a distance of 0 made some color on the cloth of Zoe. Distance of 1m removed colors from Zoe but made some more details on Karl. The default setting of 18m lead to the view which I posted previously. No changes in the important details like faces or the person I talk to (eg. Nela). Those remain dark. 

Meanwhile I have tried deleting steam client and DFC to avoid mixtures of my original and patched setup --> No changes.

What else can I try? Are there any logs which might be helpful to be posted here? Other settings/command line options?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users