#41 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted Yesterday, 17:09

which you'd think they would have sent out upon releasing the Final Cut. And they haven't sent out an update or even a single tweet or anything. What a mess.

Yes, you'd think so. But then RTG are seemingly all on vacation now (Ragnar is in South Africa, according to his latest Instagram posts, and at least one other team member is away from what I've seen on Facebook, so I'm pretty sure they're all on vacation), which to me looks like a classic case of "Ah, fuck all that, we'll deal with that later, just schedule the release for that day and go have some fun or whatever."

I'm surprised they managed to announce the release on Steam, I haven't seen any other announcements of The Final Cut since the KS update.

I've been a die hard fan and I've defended RTG like a mama bear ever since the Kickstarter went up, but goddammit I'm so tired of their silence. So done.

So, in how many months approximately will backers find the Final Cut Soundtrack in their Humble accounts... ?

You know the answer to that is most likely "Soon™" -_-

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#42 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted Today, 15:59

Bit late but... nice!!! I can't wait to visit the place again. I mean, I have only spent 80 hours so far, what is another 10 or 20 or 40 more eh :D

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#43 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted Today, 18:04

Up to book 4 now. First impressions: dumbed down and they've made character models look like they're covered in plastic. Look at the hair! It's like Playmobil :D I'm guessing this is the "improvement" they made for consoles.

Oh and RTG, when are you going to be honest about the stuff you didn't do? Never? Just going to slide away and hope nobody remembers? It's a bold gambit. Let's see how it works out.

#44 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted Today, 19:30

My Humble Bundle account has an early access key, this is the key apparently given for access to things like the outfits?

I haven't bothered to download the game yet, but i did check my HB page and there's no such key. So, what's this key all about?

Where the hell are the "journeys:birth" and "tome of the balance" ebooks backer rewards? The update doesn't mention the digital rewards.

From the Kickstarter main page:

JOURNEYS BIRTH

This short-story collection contains three novellas and a bridging story that delve into the background of characters you will encounter in Dreamfall Chapters. Journeys: Birth will be available in a variety of formats, including PDF, EPUB and MOBI, printed paperback, and an exclusive audiobook version. The digital text versions of this collection will be available in 2013.

And let's not get into the "stretch goals".

Such a disgrace...

#45 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted Today, 19:45

Where the hell are the "journeys:birth" and "tome of the balance" ebooks backer rewards? The update doesn't mention the digital rewards.

My plan is just to forget all about them at this point. I'll just be happy to get the boxed version in the post and call it a day. I'm much more disappointed in the lack of game play rewards that have just gone missing, like Emmas gallery, and collecting the books (which just wouldnt work on the size and scope of the maps in the game)..

Up to book 4 now. First impressions: dumbed down and they've made character models look like they're covered in plastic. Look at the hair! It's like Playmobil :D I'm guessing this is the "improvement" they made for consoles.

Oh and RTG, when are you going to be honest about the stuff you didn't do? Never? Just going to slide away and hope nobody remembers? It's a bold gambit. Let's see how it works out.

I haven't played the updated version yet, might give it a go tonight so i'll reserve judgement.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the gfx had to take a nerf to make it to the consoles. The crappy mobile cpus they use are so poor you have to leverage all 6(8) cores to get anything like reasonable performance. Unity just isnt up to that task.

#46 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted Today, 20:40

My plan is just to forget all about them at this point. I'll just be happy to get the boxed version in the post and call it a day. I'm much more disappointed in the lack of game play rewards that have just gone missing, like Emmas gallery, and collecting the books (which just wouldnt work on the size and scope of the maps in the game)..

I'm also very disappointed about the Loremaster but at least i didn't back the game or increase my pledge ( which i'm sure several pour souls did ) because of any money-bait stretch goal, so it's not my main gripe.

Maybe as a backer of a tier that contains physical rewards, your biggest concern is them and not the "measly" digital ones, but let me tell you something. When you choose the $50 tier over the $25 tier, the incentive is the digital rewards ( and i chose the $50 tier solely because of the ebooks ). So, i don't think i can forget about them any time soon. Also, they have announced the release of the ebooks twice already ( which clearly implies they are finished ), but they still haven't been released. It's beyond mind boggling and ludicrous.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users

Bruno, Valy, Edreamer Jamil