7 replies to this topic

#1 TeKNeKGeeK

TeKNeKGeeK

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 23:05

Is TFC (The Final Cut Edition) going to be released as an update to the already being sold Console Digital Editions?

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:29

I think that it depends on how much of new content will be in PC version of The Final Cut.

#3 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 17:49

I would sure hope so. It worries me that they haven't announced the Final Cut for consoles, yet. People paid $1,000 to have their Birthright characters in the game, or the town crier shout their name. Maybe they told their friends and family to play the game so that they would see them. It's bad enough these rewards have been delayed three years (after most people, including those who will only play it once, have already played the game). Anyone who plays the game on any system in the future should be able to see these features.

• Valiah likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#4 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 July 2017 - 18:12

Birthright was 5 grand ;)

#5 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:22

Maybe they told their friends and family to play the game so that they would see them. 

True fact!

Even truer fact!  :)

• Edreamer Jamil and popcorngal like this

#6 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:16

Oh, wow. I must have forgotten. Even more important, then.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#7 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 18 July 2017 - 19:11

I would sure hope so. It worries me that they haven't announced the Final Cut for consoles, yet. People paid $1,000 to have their Birthright characters in the game, or the town crier shout their name. Maybe they told their friends and family to play the game so that they would see them. It's bad enough these rewards have been delayed three years (after most people, including those who will only play it once, have already played the game). Anyone who plays the game on any system in the future should be able to see these features.

Yep - I've definitely told my friends and family to listen for my name and convinced quite a few to actually buy the game. I have had a couple complete the game and tell me that they couldn't find the Town Crier. At this point I have stopped recommending it, because I don't want my friends and family to play the game until the rewards have been implemented. I really hope both PC and console versions of the game will be updated to include the backer rewards... 

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#8 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 19:56

I've stopped recommending it, too, and didn't retweet much of their Steam summer sale promotion. My thoughts were "You guys really couldn't just implement these final features until right after the sale ends?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users