7 replies to this topic

#1 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 20:48

Other than the obvious big ones such as the character models, character profiles and concept art, these are all the changes I noticed going from the 6/17/2016 version to the 7/21/2017 version:

• The cursor is different
  • Save slots were added
  • There might be one or two new lines by Zoe in the Storytime and Arn Stont but I don't know for sure
  • The Azadi voices in Friar's Keep were filtered to sound downstairs
  • The loading screens are different
  • Nela shouts new lines when you're not talking to her
  • The birthrights (near Seshadri Tower, House of Dreams, in the Souk and magic market), Benefactor's Gate, and town crier are there
  • There is a new character in The Hand That Feeds
  • There were two people talking at the holosculpture in Sonnenschein Plaza in the original Book One who were removed
  • Some of the NPCs in Propast were swapped out, like I noticed one of the Muslim NPCs near Seshadri Tower who would say things has been replaced by a different character/model
  • Zoe can't examine the screens in the Souk
  • The first conversation with Queenie might be cut down a little
  • Propast Blowback, from Book Two, plays when Mr. London is confronting Baruti
  • They may have made new music for the deleted scene in Chapter 1 (in which case, wow, dedication) or I may just be imagining that
  • The Propast theme and Marcuria songs play constantly instead of at certain points, and also the song that plays in Marcuria at night may be different
  • The Marcuria map is updated
  • Blowing up the shipment has been removed, despite it being a critical plot point and referenced a few times later in the story
  • Kian's Marcuria segments in Book Three and Book Five were changed to evening instead of night, which I thought was really interesting. There is also no more moon in the sky, which I thought was a nice touch before since it showed time passing, as there was no moon in Book Two. But at least Book Two is still a night, which I preferred
  • I think the tower is shrouded in fog
  • Hileriss's speech ends early for some reason, and a lot of the attendees of the National Front have changed to having no visible attributes so Kian just says something like "Nothing important stands out about that one" I think to improve the puzzle
  • The building across from The Salty Seaman is Red Thread's (very cute)
  • I think Ulvic might have new lines when you click on him
  • There are new lines when examining the mystery towers
  • The blockade up the steps to the lab from Sonnenschein Plaza is removed after seeing Roman
  • The Wati ad is pulled down automatically when talking to the adbots
  • There is a new line examining the cop near the hatch
  • There is a new song when Anna tries to kiss Kian
  • There might be new lines by the guards in Marcuria
  • The dancing song from Book Four plays when Bip shoots off the fireflowers
  • All the radio music in the Interludes has been replaced with new ones
  • Enu might have some different lines in Book Three
  • New pipe boxes where Kian gets the pipes in Book Three were added in the city green for easier convenience, and he can't take them from the south gate anymore even though they're still there
  • Kian can examine an Azadi restaurant
  • There are new lines in the engine building I believe
  • I think there is new music talking to Queenie's assistant in Book Three
  • There is new music when Falk arrives in the apartment
  • I think there might be new dialogue when talking with Hanna before going into the hatch depending on your choices
  • The music that plays when Hanna and Abby kiss has been replaced with a new one
  • There might be new music in Mr. London's warehouse, either that or it plays Mumbai Underground from Book Five
  • There is new music when the bot sacrifices theirself for Zoe
  • The choice screen about the bot sacrificing itself is removed from the end of Book Three. Ironically it was not in the original build either
  • There is a new sound effect when booting personalities and scanning things on Mr. London's machine
  • You can examine the door handle in the Journeyman Inn (which would have been helpful on my first playthrough cause I had to consult the internet to find out to point Crow there)
  • There are a lot more lines when examining things in Arcadia as Zoe, such as the street signs, soldiers, wines, jams, bobbing barrel, bonfire, pumpkin, decorations, boards to Oldtown, the giant moths (finally, I thought it was a bit weird that neither character had any comment about them) and the Smithy sign
  • Kian has passionate animations when talking about leaving for Ge'en
  • There are again more lines for Zoe examining things in Book Four, such as the dragon's head, Shepherd, Crow, the rebels, the murals, the tapestries, Blind Bob, the mill, Ulvic, the fountain, the crystals in Abnaxus's house, Abnaxus's door and windows and bed
  • New lines from Brian
  • Kian mentions meeting Arn Stont's wife on the cloudship
  • There are many new things to examine in Riverwood, even the cats following Zoe
  • There is also new music when confronting the Yaga
  • New music is played at the beginning of Kian's segment in Chapter 10 instead of The Azadi
  • There is new music on Ge'en and a jumping sound from Kian when he makes those jumps
  • Rebel-Rousing from Book Five plays when Alessandra is trapped and there might be new music and lines as well
  • Jakai makes a noise when he is killed
  • Zoe can examine the moths in Chapter 11, and examine Crow, Lux, the Oular and Abnaxus at the very end of it
  • There is a new sound effect for Saga's Shift at the end of Interlude III and Magnus's running footsteps are added
  • The Longest Journey Home plays (instead of Saga) when Saga is reviewing the memory of Etta in her pendant, and Journey's End plays when Magnus is crying
  • Kian can try to talk to the women having sex in public on Reapmoon's Eve
  • Kian can examine the gate on Reapmoon's Eve. Previously it was the lines from Book Three, saying that the ceremony was next week
  • Kian can touch the pitchfork before rescuing Crow and say something
  • There are new lines when Kian has to sing
  • Soldiers are behind Sahya and the girls on the balcony in Book Five
  • Saga can interact more with the fireplace in Interlude IV
  • The Balance symbol of light is removed from the hole in the ceiling in the Enclave at the end
  • There are more lines when examining the dragon's head and memorials and possibly when talking to the surviving characters as well
  • Crow flies up to the door during his conversation with Lady Alvane before she says that she's making shortbread, as opposed to after the conversation, and he is not visible standing in the doorway

• Morten, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 15 others like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#2 raisin

raisin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:10

No one has thanked you for all that hard work so let me be the one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, Guyra and 1 other like this

#3 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 23:23

Yes, a big thank you! This is an awesome list! :D

• Edreamer Jamil and MisterMetropolis like this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:09

Now when I examine the gate in Book Five, it is back to Kian's lines about the ceremony being next week. Very weird.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 charmed23

charmed23

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Posted 06 August 2017 - 14:54

so I'm playing the PS4 version. Do we know what differences there are between the console version and the final cut?

Also, Reza's new model... How does that even look more like Dreamfall's Reza, than the original DFC's model? I'm getting more and more confused by the changes RTD made. Whose feedback did they collect??  :huh:

#6 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 15:58

I believe it's just the Birthrights, town crier and Benefactor's Gate.

#7 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 06 August 2017 - 17:20

so anyone know if the loremaster is in, where you collect books for the enclave ?

#8 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 18:16

Yes and no. Yes I know that no it's not in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users