Photo

Kickstarter update #58 (release date announcement, incl. facebook info)

kickstarter release date update release chapters book one book 1

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 October 2014 - 15:02

If you intend to send out backer retrieval keys for GOG/Steam at least 24 hours before release, but no preorders are open at that time, can these keys actually still be generated and retrieved this early?

And are either GOG or Humble really capable to enable a 48 hour earlier access specifically for backers for future episodes (e.g. 2-4)?

There will only be one season key(?), and we won't get early access to book 1. In other words, RTG still have some time to come up with a solution to this. I would prefer to get early access on Steam (or GOG for those so inclined), but I would understand if it's only doable with the DRM free version.

Could we get a DRM free download, and a Steam or GOG key which

#142 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 06 October 2014 - 18:56

I have? Shit. I guess I need to put together a release strategy ASAP…

We can't actually run pledging and preorders concurrently. To launch the latter, we must shut down the former. And we're making more money from a pledge than we would from a preorder. So there's that.

Oh, I always assumed that the price of the steam game / season pass was going to be more expensive because you know.. it's now 5 books, and to do a $25 pledge on the site was cheaper ?

My ex just did a pledge, hope she's still on time for release with your sync business :)

#143 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 18:59

I think it's got less to do with pricing and more to do with the fact that a.) some people will pledge for higher tiers and b.) Steam/GOG, etc. presumably take a cut of the sales. By doing it through their website, they're not splitting the money with anyone. 

• trentjaspar likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#144 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:14

Steam/GOG take 30% of the profits (source), while through their site Paypal takes around 3% instead, I think (source).

It's possible that I'm wrong on the above, I just found the numbers through a brief Google search, which means they're not verified or anything.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#145 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:19

No idea how accurate those numbers are, but I would guess that there's very little reason for RTG to close the "slacker backer" option at this point. Those pledges are the ones that they get to keep the biggest chunk of. Regardless of what the actual numbers are, Paypal takes a significantly smaller chunk than Steam/GOG will or that Kickstarter/Amazon did. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#146 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 13:38

Soooooooo.... update #59 tomorrow?

Say, "2-ish"?

Rakel must have forgotten to press the "send" button.

Errrrr... Rakel, hello? Update 59...?

• WorldsReunited and Forwyn like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#147 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 07 October 2014 - 13:40

"Fifty-nine. Fifty-nine. Fifty-nine. Fifty-nine. Fifty-nine. "

Sorry, getting Beatles vibes here.

#148 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 13:54

Don't forget to say something about confirm Stephanie Kindermann in the update. Ze Germanz are going nuts over this. ;)

Edited by Vainamoinen, 08 October 2014 - 05:41.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#149 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 20:31

@VAinamoinen

Nice to hear that "our" April is back. The voice acting in TLJ was great. Actually i started playing the english version with Dreamfall. Just couldn´t stand the german synchro voice from Angelina Jolie. I´m watching a german let´s play - horrible translation and acting :ph34r:

#150 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:37

Nice to hear that "our" April is back. The voice acting in TLJ was great.

This has not been confirmed anywhere yet!! That's why I'm asking... ;)

#151 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:15

I started playing through Dreamfall today, so that I will have it fresh when I start Chapters. Can't believe it's actually happening, I'm so excited to see what happens!
  • Tina likes this

#152 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:16

I played TLJ last year, but had to watch some LPs on Youtube, to refresh some details. There's sooo much story! Which is why I love these games soo much! I think I'm devoting my weekend to Dreamfall. Yay!

#153 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 May 2017 - 13:13

English and German full audio, Norwegian and French subtitles only, for now. We can't dub the game into Norwegian or French before all five episodes are out: the cost would be prohibitive, given the number of sessions and returning characters we'd need. Voice acting is already our biggest single line item, after salaries. But we're preparing & planning for it, and we're going to do a special edition when all five episodes are out.

Hello, where are the audio versions who was to be available on the exit ?

The German donors of the kickstarter have more value than the French donors ? ?  :wacko:

#154 Merrick Simms

Merrick Simms

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndexia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:12

Here an awnser of "Deep Silver" a member of "Koch Media".

Hello

The game currently features subtitles in French, as you must have noticed.
The French voices could not be proposed for reasons that could not be provided.

Good day to you =)

Do you have a comment about this RTG?

#155 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20

The German donors of the kickstarter have more value than the French donors ? ?  :wacko:

To my knowledge, the German voices were produced following a distribution agreement with EuroVideo in 2014. No such agreements existed for the French version. However... a Kickstarter goal that explicitly promised French voices was reached.

#156 Merrick Simms

Merrick Simms

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndexia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 18:12

One of the kickstarter goal was to include French AND German voices.

09cdcb4dc35631335ba5f1366cf7ee07_origina

Initially only english voices were included in the project.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, release date, update, release, chapters, book one, book 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users