Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 January 2014 - 15:49

April:
18 Apr 13:
19 Apr 13:
- Ragnar in Krakow (for Digital Dragons)
21 Apr 13:
- Video of the presentation (not from twitter but whatever)
- Also this video interview of Ragnar from Digital Dragons
22 Apr 13:
- RTG staffing up (3D animator and 3D character artist)
23 Apr 13:
25 Apr 13:
30 Apr 13:

May
01 May 13:
02 May 13:
07 May 13:
- Mysterious door image tweet (it's for the moving of offices)
08 May 13:
- Dag "supervises" (picture - THE BOSS meme is born)
09 May 13:
14 May 13:
16 May 13:
21 May 13:
- Ragnar and Martin going to Unite Nordic, Tweet1 and Tweet2
23 May 13:
- Tim Schafer gets to meet The Ragnar (yes. that way around. also, see conversation about babies below, it's important!)
- Kickstarter survey starts to roll out. Info #1, #2 and #3
24 May 13:
- Also link to this Xbox One article (including Ragnar)
25 May 13:
- Not a tweet but I found the GameReactor video interview of Dag and Martin from GDC
28 May 13:
- Ragnar is sad because no Wikipedia entry for RTG (I made one but it needs help to stay alive, if even possible)
29 May 13:
- Putting together video of furniture assembly (okay, can we haz that video soon, plz?! I know summer vacations means we probably won't see it until August though)
30 May 13:
31 May 13:
- Partytime! Dag tweets Ragnar getting his drink on (picture)
- Martin letting Ragnar borrow his cap, Homeboiii Rags! (picture)
- Dag: "Night is getting out of hand" (picture)

June
01 Jun 13: (because it's after midnight)
03 Jun 13:
- Red Thread initiation smoothie - first glimpse of Rikke and Hans Kristian (Andersen!) (picture)
05 Jun 13:
- Martin: "Just saw the new Kian model. I think the ladies will be pleased! :)  #ladyboner"
06 Jun 13:
- Official post for new additions to the team, first glimpse of Tiffany!
07 Jun 13:
- shamelessly sharing: Dag's chair comes with complementary beer (picture)
- More Martin (picture)
08 Jun 13:
09 Jun 13:
11 Jun 13:
- Ragnar retweeted link to a fun review of TLJ
13 Jun 13:
14 Jun 13:
- Ragnar chatting about Unity, 5 min (youtube video)
15 Jun 13:
17 Jun 13:
- Backerkit trial run starts. Info #1 and #2
18 Jun 13:
- Rakel and Dag on the train for Spillkonvent, a Norwegian game industry conference thing (picture)
- Dag met Christian Tellefsen there, who also worked on Dreamfall (picture)
19 Jun 13:
- Ragnar videobombed Felicia Day at 15:24. But see how he dissappears. Dreamer? (youtube video)
22 Jun 13:
- Ragnar's first panel. Title is a joke, obviously (picture)
23 Jun 13: (because after midnight)
- Martin's girly birthday drink, picture nr1 and picture nr2
- Martin with his birtday cannon pin and the talisman (pictures)
28 Jun 13:

July:
19 Jul 13:
- Cryptic tweets from @SidelinesUK ending in a retweet by Dag, linking to an article telling us that Dag and Ragnar have signed to Sidelines and working on a screenplay called UnderOslo.
21 Jul 13:
- More Sidelines info from facebook plus Ragnar assuring on twitter that they're completely focused on Chapters.
29 Jul 13:
- Mulm trying to poison the office with Japanese space peach aka they're back from summer vacation (picture)

August:
01 Aug 13:
- Dag is back from vacation, having drafted 10k+ words for Journeys: Birth
- RTG asking for more questions for Q&A part 2
02 Aug 13:
- Ragnar tweeting about zombies and vampires, someone replied "please include neither in Chapters" which caused Ragnar to tweet "And by popular demand, we’ll stick both in Chapters. We’ll even combine them: Zampires. Vombies. Vampz. Zamps. One breed to rule ‘em all." plus "it will make total sense", "Werezombiefangs. Werezangs. Wangs." and "Fangfall, featuring Zoëmbie, Killedian, Excrow and…Deadpril? No? Too soon?". I like Ragnar-trolling *giggle*
07 Aug 13:
- Birth of #ultimatepigeontech and pun-fest - link goes to the post in this thread where I quoted most of it
- Also playing with LeapMotion, including wang-talk (picture)
08 Aug 13:
- Rubber ducky on the wall (picture)
09 Aug 13:
- Q&A part 2 finally out. Bird Vagina and giggle fest (tweet with youtube video)
12 Aug 13:
16 Aug 13:
- Ragnar teasing us about some very, very cool community news "very, very soon"
18 Aug 13:
- Ragnar saying so much amazingly cool stuff happening these days, so he's even looking forward to Monday
19 Aug 13:
20 Aug 13:
- Ragnar, Dag and Martin checked into what might be Cologne's least upscale hotel + airline lost their luggage
21 Aug 13:
- Ragnar spotted at Gamescom by AdventureTreff-people
- Dag tweeting picture of the line at Gamescom (picture)
24 Aug 13:
- While Dag and Ragnar are away, the rest of RTG are having "barrels of fun" in the office (picture)
25 Aug 13:
26 Aug 13:
- Finally the "very, very cool community news" is revealed, in a Kickstarter Update - JOURNEYCON!
27 Aug 13:
30 Aug 13:
- Dag tweets about two new video interviews from Gamescom; one from Worldsfactory with Martin and one from Dealspawn with Dag and Ragnar.

September:
02 Sep 13:
03 Sep 13:
09 Sep 13:
19 Sep 13:
- Tina thinking she should do another recap post soon (took me 3 more months, I've been influenced by Ragnar's "soons", it seems)
20 Sep 13:
- Shiny Kian (picture)
- Beefcake Kian (picture)
- And The Good Looking Captain (picture)
21 Sep 13:
22 Sep 13:
25 Sep 13:
30 Sep 13:
- New Kickstarter update, in the nick of time before October - featuring five brand new screenshots (of Kian, The Captain, a barrel and a broom)

October:
01 Oct 13:
03 Oct 13:
08 Oct 13:
15 Oct 13:
16 Oct 13:
- And he's going to Bergen to speak at an event at Samfunnet
17 Oct 13:
24 Oct 13:
29 Oct 13:
30 Oct 13:
- Eurogamer and Dealspawn writes about it
31 Oct 13:
- Polygon and RockPaperShotgun writes about Draugen

November
01 Nov 13:
- Pictures from Facebook of RTG celebrating Halloween (1) (2) (3) (4)
07 Nov 13:
- RTG created new Facebook pages for Dreamfall Chapters and The Longest Journey Home. They also created one for Draugen a few days earlier.
15 Nov 13:
- And a retweet with picture from one of the focus testers.
16 Nov 13:
19 Nov 13:
20 Nov 13:
22 Nov 13:
- New concept art shared on facebook, to celebrate first 1000 likes.
- Roper Clacks in a wind tunnel - with vine video.
23 Nov 13:
- JOURNEYCON!
24 Nov 13:
- Lovely thanks from RTG to the Journeycon attendees.
- Then we have the Journeycon picture thread with pictures and recounts of the evening
- And I'm adding Silje's fantastic blog posts, nr 1 and nr 2.
30 Nov 13:

December:
01 Dec 13:
- Whole RTG team played chapter 8.1 of Dreamfall Chapters, Ragnar tweets:
- We can explore marcuria properly, without loading screens.
02 Dec 13:
- From that followed a LONG and fun conversation. See below the original tweet for everything.
- Or look at the picture I made.
- Also a picure of Crow dialogue, influenced by it all. If this appears in the game, I'll be LMAO for real.
04 Dec 13:
- Andred retweet: Of course lowrider, does not simply *walk* into Mordor.
- Tore retweet: Does not simply saunter into the Sixth Circle of Sadir
05 Dec 13:
- New Crow animation set. He's never looked this good. Ragnar tempted to rewrite whole game to make him into the star.
06 Dec 13:
- From pink plastic cups! (Martin-picture)
07 Dec 13:
09 Dec 13:
- RTG Yuletide Game Jam kicks off (picture that reveals a bit more than Rakel had wanted, apparently)
- Picture of game jamming developers. Martin looks scary.
12 Dec 13:
13 Dec 13:
17 Dec 13:
- Pictures from Journeycon put on facebook.
19 Dec 13:
20 Dec 13:
21 Dec 13:
- Asag will redefine gaming as we know it. And he's not that evil, just wants a big hug and new friends (since he ate his old ones)
- Also: Hello Asag, courtesy of Rikke. (picture)
23 Dec 13:
- RTG holiday card/greeting, posted on facebook and twitter.
25 Dec 14:
- RTG appears in AdventureGamers' Christmas greetings video, approximately 33 minutes in.

THAT'S IT FOR 2013!

• wandrew and Mawnster like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 January 2014 - 15:56

January
02 Jan 14:
- New Years greetings from RTG on facebook, including a picture showing the Vagabond's 3D evolution
- wandrew comes up with a meme about the Vagabond.
- Also Nilaii, forever alone Vagabond
03 Jan 14:
- RTG wants the Russian fans to vote for Chapters as the most anticipated game for 2014
06 Jan 14:
- Then the same for everyone else!
08 Jan 14:
- Now they have the Friar's Keep walkthrough with a "silence the devs" option. (direct youtube links for the silenced one here and then the non-silenced one here) - also see the comment section in the linked rockpapershotgun article, Ragnar answered questions.
09 Jan 14:
- RTG now has their own Steam group. Let's all play together!
12 Jan 14:
- Random twitter conversation where Ragnar says that if Dag's a monkey, he's a prince among monkeys
16 Jan 14:
- Crow is second best video game sidekick of ALL TIMES!
- And RTG is putting together a special surprise to celebrate. And HEY! Crow is on twitter! @crowmance!
- Ragnar says @crowmance is the real deal. And that we should be afraid. Very afraid.
- Crow wonders why he should be afraid
20 Jan 14:
- Ragnar NAMERANTING! Started with this tweet. Then followed a couple of hours with names like Ranger Tourniquet, RAGEFACE TURNCOAT, ROCKBOAT TABLEFLIP, RUMPSTEAK TAMBOURINERATFACED THORNCOCK, Renegade Tapdancer, REDBEARD THREADWEAVER, RAGBRUSH THREEPQUIST, Revolting Trackpad, Raglbert Tømperdink, ROGUE VON TRILOQUIST, RONGEST JOURNQUEST, RAGENERD TUMBLR (etc, etc, etc)
- Before "Today’s NAMERANT (Rantname Torrentfist) made 0,05% of my followers rage-quit (Ragequit Talentless). To the remaining 99,95%, I salute you!" and "RAHRAH PUMPFIST. There, I’m done."
- RTG wants us to keep our eyes open for brand new concept art + in-game screenshot. EXCITE!
- It surfaces! Only in Danish at first though.
- Super-snazzy new screenshot (Crow, Enu and Blind Bob)
21 Jan 14:
- Article with art+screenshot now in Norwegian as well
- Aaand in Finnish.
22 Jan 14:
- Then the screenshot in ultra-mega-hi-rez!
- Norwegian article about the promising Norwegian development scene.
- And Ragnar's even on the radio! Okay also Norwegian, but pretty much all he says is "it's going to be released a lot of games and some of them will be huge successes", "you can look over here, see what people are doing. Here's Morgan, who's modelling" (haha is it called that?) and "it's important to have a homely atmosphere. Every Friday we're sitting here, playing games, drinking beer, eating chips and have fun"
27 Jan 14
- Kickstarter update #44! (I wonder if the Crow video is the "special surprise" we heard about earlier this month.

• srgball likes this

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 January 2014 - 23:23

Thread is OPEN!

Tweets today:

@RagnarTornquist: Major #DFC casting happening this afternoon. Always a ton of fun but also scary. An actor can often transform a character completely. (x)

@DagScheve: Just concluding a massive casting session for Dreamfall Chapters. Exciting stuff. (x)

@RagnarTornquist:
- Humbling to have so many top actors auditioning today. Wish I could reveal names: many famous faces. Hopefully we can announce things soon! (x)
- Best part: I get to read lines together with these fantastic actors. My Mira is the stuff of legends. Perhaps a tad too manly, though. (x)
- And so begins the massive rewriting process that always happens when you finally have a voice to go with your words. Next game, NO WORDS. (x)
- Oh who am I kidding. Next game: ALL THE WORDS. (x)
- While we’re on the subject of ‘next games’ & ‘words’: people certainly put a lot of words in their letters back in the 1920s. Backbreaking. (x)

#4 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 January 2014 - 17:37

:ehehe:

@RagnarTornquist: Let’s file this one under bugs wot need unseeing. #DFC (x)
BfUZANRIgAALD-E.jpg

• toremygg likes this

#5 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 31 January 2014 - 17:49

Wut?!? What is that?

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#6 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 17:54

Zoe! Quit looking at that enormous lady's chest! :D
  • Sio and toremygg like this

#7 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 18:38

LOL Look at that pose!

Edit: It seems hoop earings are in fashion :P

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#8 RezaTemiz

RezaTemiz

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:11

As they should be. :)

#9 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:18

Zoe: "Hmm, this Giant Yoga really works!"

1920's letter, eh?

*chants* Brian! Brian!

#10 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:33

Pretty sure that 1920s reference is for Draugen, actually.

#11 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 01 February 2014 - 15:48

LOL Look at that pose!

let's not start that again :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#12 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 696 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 February 2014 - 23:02

Pretty sure that 1920s reference is for Draugen, actually.

Hey, a brother can dream!

I finally played Dear Esther, and which may not have been set in the 20's but was certainly very epistolary.

#13 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:30

4th of February:
- @RagnarTornquist: Rewriting the ENTIRE first book of #DFC now. Well, 46% of it. Improvements aplenty. Fewer cupcakes, more bioengineered algae. And more GAME. (x)

5th of February:
- @RagnarTornquist: On the 24th of this month, I’ll be at@glasgowfilmfest, chatting about writing for games with@robertflorence,@rhipratchett & @mrsambarlow. (x)
- @RagnarTornquist: Looking forward to the panel & also to visiting Glasgow for the first time. For more information see page 53 of this: http://www.glasgowfi...4_brochure2.pdf (x)
- @RagnarTornquist: Looking at that brochure, I regret staying only the one day (and night). The @glasgowfilmfest sounds absolutely bloody fantastic! (x)

#14 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:39

Ahh, makes me nostalgic! Wish I could be there. The Glasgow Film Theatre (GFT to 'the kidz') was my second home when I was a film reviewer at uni. The seats can be sponsored and there are many celebs who have donated money, so they have a little plaque with their name on the underside. "My" seat was right on the back row in the centre, sponsored by Woody Allen. Unfortunately, yes, there are some difficult news reports about him these days. Well, I certainly am in no position to know the truth. His work does remain as some of the best of all cinema.

Ahh, GFT, GFT. I'll be back one day to see how you're doing. :wub:

#15 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 February 2014 - 19:32

• @RedThreadGames: Red Thread Games featured on @developonline’s #develop100 list of companies that will change game development in 2014 http://www.develop-o...oad-now/0189066 (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Our original plan was to have ONE major decision point in each chapter of #DFC. In the first two chapters there are now SEVEN. (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: And your choices really do matter: one decision point in chapter two has consequences in chapters four, seven, twelve and thirteen. #DFC (x)

• Edreamer Jamil and Alcarmo like this

#16 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 11 February 2014 - 19:13

Ok, so it seems we´re gonna have multiple option to affect the story...sounds really interesting  :)

on the other hand, if my bad choice can kill someone in the game....well, it kinda makes me uncomfortable...hoping to avoid this  :rolleyes:

and now back to all events that Tina put in this topic, which I just discovered....ugh, I´m gonna need vacation to go through all this stuff LOL

• Tina likes this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#17 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2,875 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:51

A couple of funny vine videos from yesterday :D

11th of February:

• Teller, Silvirish4ever and Alcarmo like this

#18 AstralTraveller

AstralTraveller

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:12

• @RagnarTornquist: Our original plan was to have ONE major decision point in each chapter of #DFC. In the first two chapters there are now SEVEN. (x)

Uhhh. I may not be amongst the majority, but I find this information rather alerting :(

Too many hands on my time, too many feelings
Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind

#19 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:40

Uhhh. I may not be amongst the majority, but I find this information rather alerting :(

In a bad way? Why?

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#20 AstralTraveller

AstralTraveller

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 14:53

In a bad way? Why?

Major player decisions are supposed to be major because they have sizeable (if not significant) impact on the story and/or on the characters. Every major decision point creates a branch, and even half a dozen of them can easily lead up to 20-30 different scenarios, which the game needs to handle. No story based game can handle that many scenarios coherently, so you either end up with a lot of independent threads flapping around (or, in a worse case, bad consistency), or you keep tucking back decision results into the main flow of the game, in which case the player will feel that his decisions are irrelevant, hence not "major". See The Walking Dead S1 for an example of the latter.

From a different perspective, the greatest charm of TLJ and Dreamfall for me are the storytelling and the character development. I'm not particularly (actually, not at all) keen on creating my own variant of the story, I want to discover and unravel what the RTG guys imagine. Path-altering decisions are fine for RPG games, but as far as I know, DFC is still an adventure :)

• Tina, Teller, Ceres and 4 others like this

Too many hands on my time, too many feelings
Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)