#3461 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:50

I hated the Witcher 3 because of the gameplay. It sucks that I did, really wanted to love the game, but there you go...

Not really fair to compare those two games thought, they are quite different, and I would argue that CD project is a whole other beast than RTG...

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#3462 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 13:50

I don't believe in comparing one game to another; I take each on their own, some will hold my interest and others not. DFC held my interest, LiS did not. The team that made LiS was, I believe, about 10 times the the size of DFC team. So, it has nothing to do with the size of them game or the size of the team making it or if it is a  AAA title or not, only if it holds my interest so I want to continue playing.There are games I have bought that I thought I would like and well...meh. Then others I bought, thinking I probably will not like them, but was curious enough to give them a try when they went on sale - like Witcher 3. I hated the game play in Bioshock Infinite, but played the game to completion because I found other aspects of the game enjoyable.

Talk about digressing... :lol:

• Edreamer Jamil and ct2651 like this

#3463 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 17 June 2017 - 17:27

Talk about digressing... :lol:

That never happens around here :lol:

• popcorngal, Dmm and Mr_Russ like this

#3464 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 17 June 2017 - 22:14

I hated the Witcher 3 because of the gameplay. It sucks that I did, really wanted to love the game, but there you go...

Not really fair to compare those two games thought, they are quite different, and I would argue that CD project is a whole other beast than RTG...

*Breaths into paper bag* Ok..... calm now...... BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!! :P

200.gif

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, Dmm and 2 others like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#3465 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 17 June 2017 - 22:51

Lol :P
  • Dmm likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#3466 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 19:24

*Breaths into paper bag* Ok..... calm now...... BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!! :P

200.gif

Witches everywhere in witcher, so there's that.

• Chocobo_sage likes this

#3467 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 19:38

Well...this is something.

tumblr_inline_oryp2l6uSu1rt1dib_540.jpg

Translation: "Ragso and RedThreadGames launches the "Should Have Been Edition" of Dreamfall Chapters this summer. #GameConvention"

• Indrid Cold and NeilClaimer like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3468 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 22 June 2017 - 20:37

Huh. This summer? If true, maybe that means late August? (Since July is typically a vacation month, and there's no news yet.)

#3469 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 20:57

https://twitter.com/...977796638777344
"a few weeks"

At least he apologized
https://twitter.com/...978434512842754

😂
  • Edreamer Jamil and Ringtail like this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#3470 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 21:03

https://twitter.com/...977796638777344
"a few weeks"

At least he apologized
https://twitter.com/...978434512842754

😂

I'm really hoping that there will be a pre-vacation update sometime in the next week. But I wouldn't bet money on it.
  • debro likes this

#3471 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 22 June 2017 - 21:43

What a shitty non title though :angry:

Could easily call this thread "What RTG should've told us directly" Instead of us having to go through tweets and news articles from third parties. :(

• Jecica, MisterMetropolis and Mr_Russ like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#3472 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 June 2017 - 21:55

For what it's worth:

Update coming tomorrow.

• Jecica, Chocobo_sage and ChrisR like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#3473 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 22:09

I know I shouldn't even hold my breath for an update tomorrow, but there's not a lot of time before then for that plan to change or for them to forget about it so...yay?

At least I can garner from the tweets that they had originally intended to release it before the Steam summer sale (hence the tweet last month about a release announcement shortly) but once they had to move it afterward, they couldn't say anything about it until the summer sale due to Steam or something.

• TJcat likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3474 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:29

Well I hope that "should have been edition" refers to "the edition with all KS rewards" :) And then, physical rewards , pretty yay ?

• MisterMetropolis and ChrisR like this

#3475 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 00:33

While Europe sleeps, Kickstarter update 106 drops --

https://twitter.com/...392744904986625

Final Cut release date is July 21.

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstar...project_update 

No explicit info on physical rewards.  Key paragraph from the update is:

"The Final Cut includes all the changes and updates from the console version, including new music and audio, improved character models, shaders and lighting, revised menus and user interface, remastered voice overs, a new Dreamfall recap video and plenty of extra features. This edition also includes the final batch of in-game rewards, along with general engine enhancements and optimisations, and performance upgrades"

• Edreamer Jamil, Guyra and Philip like this

#3476 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted Today, 12:44

RTG reply to Kickstarter update #106 comments:

"Hi all – we've stated in several previous updates that physical rewards will arrive when we've finished and released the complete edition of the game; The Final Cut is that version! We never wanted to print a half-or-semi finished game on discs. It's taken us a while to get everything done, but we never stopped working on it, and the version we release on July 21st is the game as we envisioned it almost five years ago. Our next priority: getting the physical rewards out to our backers!"

(Not sure how to provide a direct link to that comment, but here's the update: https://www.kickstar...roject_update )
  • khh likes this

#3477 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted Today, 12:59

Like this I think.

• Ringtail likes this

#3478 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11,050 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted Today, 14:51

I'm glad they said that, but the whole "as we've said several times..." tone feels a bit unfair considering we were told in one of the last updates that we'd be getting more information about all of that. :/

Also might just be a me thing, but I kinda wish they'd ease up on the "this is now actually the game we envisioned (unlike what you already played)" talk. :mellow:

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3479 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7,023 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted Today, 15:37

Also might just be a me thing, but I kinda wish they'd ease up on the "this is now actually the game we envisioned (unlike what you already played)" talk. :mellow:

I don't know, the differences aren't that big, are they? There's a bit of streamlining, some upgrading of the graphics, a few additions and removals. But it's mostly polish.
So I'm not really sure that our's was an inferior experience.
  • NeilClaimer likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3480 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11,050 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted Today, 15:48

Well I haven't played it so I have no idea. :P

That's not what I'm saying and not the issue I'm having, though. I'm strictly talking about how the presentation feels, not what the changes may or may not be or how I may or may not feel once I can compare them.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users