Please see our jobs page for more information about Red Thread Games, the types of candidates we’re looking for, and the application process.
We’re seeking a 3D artist / environment artist to join Red Thread’s development studio in Oslo. Relocation to Norway required.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the art director and art team to implement the vision for the game
- Work in 2D and 3D tools to model and texture 3D assets
- Create terrain and landscapes based on illustrations, concepts and photographic references using both Unreal and Unity game engines
- Take assets from conceptual mockups through modeling and texturing to final placement in the environment
- Be responsible for the final functionality of your assets, including environment animations
You will need to:
- Be highly proficient in modeling and texturing using 3D Studio MAX or Maya, and Photoshop
- Have prior experience working with Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Be highly technical and performance focused, with prior experience using Unity and/or Unreal engines
- Be able to work in a team, and process feedback
- Have a good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player
- Passionately love video games and game art
- Have a strong portfolio featuring a variety of 3D environments and props
It will be advantageous if you also have:
- Prior experience shipping a Unity and/or Unreal game
- Character modeling experience
This is a full-time position, salary negotiable, starting as soon as possible. Apply by sending your CV and work examples to email@example.com today.
Don’t forget to read our jobs page for more information about Red Thread Games, the types of candidates we’re looking for, and our application process!